Land Use & Zoning, Telecommunications
Dan is an Associate with the firm's Land Use & Zoning, Environment & Sustainability, and Telecommunications practice groups. His practice focuses on real estate development including zoning and environmental permitting as well as wireless telecommunications siting and related matters.
Prior to joining Cuddy & Feder in 2005, Dan enjoyed an externship with the Honorable Justice Sondra Miller of the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department and worked as a research assistant with Pace University's Edwin G. Michaelian Municipal Law Resource Center. He was Editor-in-Chief of the Pace International Law Review (2004-2005), and also oversaw publication of the Review of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG).
Before pursuing a career in law, he helped develop and organize the Japan Society's corporate programs, which focused on international business and political and security issues. This position stemmed from an earlier experience teaching English in a Japanese high school as part of the Japanese Exchange and Teaching (JET) program. Dan was also a program instructor with the Close Up Foundation teaching government and civics in Washington D.C. to high school students from all over the United States.
- State of Connecticut
- State of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
- New York State Wireless Association
- Westchester Municipal Planning Federation and Pace University School of Law 2014 Land Use Training Institute - Land Use Law Update, "Recent Updates in Wireless Communications Siting", Lecturer, May 2014
- New York State Association of Professional Land Surveyors Annual Conference & Exhibition, Lecturer regarding land use, zoning and SEQRA 2013 - 2015
- New York State Association of Professional Land Surveyors Webinar, "Basics of SEQRA", October 2014
- What's Your Wireless Plan? Federal Law, Local Review and Wireless Facilities, NYSBA Municipal Lawyer, Spring 2012, Vol. 26, No. 2, Co-Author
- "Wireless Services, Infrastructure & Zoning: A Time for Local Regulatory Change in New York?" Volume 12, No. 1 of the New York Zoning Law and Practice Report (supporting author) 2011
- Dutchess County Planning Federation, "Zoning & Wireless - The Next Generation", Lecturer, September 2010.
- Orange County Planning Federation Training Program for Planning and Zoning Board members; Lecturer, May 2010
- "Wireless Facilities, Zoning and the FCC's 'Shot Clock' Ruling", NYSBA Municipal Lawyer, Winter 2010, Vol. 24, No.1
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., Environmental Law Certificate, cum laude; 2005
- Boston University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; 1996